How to make flippin’ easy pancakes!
Who doesn’t love pancakes? Kids of all ages can get stuck into this fun – and tasty – recipe.
- 200g plain flour
- 400ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
- butter or vegetable oil for frying
- If you want to enjoy your pancakes at the same time, set the oven to a low temp and keep your cooked pancakes on a warm plate until you’ve made enough!
- Any mixture you don’t use can be kept in the fridge for a few days.
1. Add the flour to a large bowl.
2. Crack in the eggs, along with a pinch of salt, and whisk away.
3. Add half of your milk and mix until combined.
4. Add the rest of the milk to create a thin batter. Got a few lumps? Don’t worry, they’ll soon melt!
5. Before cooking each pancake, add ½ tsp of butter or a dash of oil to a hot pan and pour in a spoonful of batter in the centre. Swirl around to cover the base, then fry for about 1 minute then flip. If you’re not feeling brave enough to flip, use a fish slice to turn it over. Don’t worry, it may take a few attempts to get the perfect pancakes!
6. Keep going until you’ve made enough pancakes, then serve with your fillings of choice!
Sweet or savoury? Here are some Toby Tiger faves…
SWEET: Try a small dollop of ice cream, a drizzle of lemon and sugar, or melted choc and banana slices. Delicious!
SAVOURY: We love breakfast pancakes with scrambled egg and bacon, or even pizza pancakes – top with tomato sauce, grated cheese and any toppings you like. Place under the grill until the cheese bubbles. Yum!